In a world where human civilization has dominated the landscape, there are awe-inspiring moments when nature reclaims its power and triumphs over the constructs of mankind. “Times Nature Won The Battle Against Civilization” takes you on a captivating journey through remarkable instances where the forces of nature prevail against all odds. From sprawling urban jungles being overtaken by resilient plants to magnificent natural disasters reshaping the very fabric of human existence, this collection showcases the indomitable spirit of the natural world. Prepare to be mesmerized as we delve into the captivating stories and breathtaking visuals that highlight nature’s resilience and its ability to reclaim its rightful place in the world. Explore the fascinating interplay between civilization and the untamed forces of nature, reminding us of the ever-present and humbling power of the natural world.
1. 102 Year Old Abandoned Ship In Sydney, Australia.
2. The Trees Of Ankgor, Cambodia Engulfing An Ancient City.
3. An Abandoned Mining Town In Namibia.
Marsel Van Oosten
4. An Automobile Graveyard In Belgium.
Rosanne de Lange
5. An Old Piano With A Tree Through It Found In A Field In California
6. This Tree Has Engulfed A Children’s Bicycle.
7. An Abandoned 160 Year Old Railway In Paris.
8. Abandoned Inner-City Railway In Paris.
9. This Old Abandoned Ferris Wheel.
10. Abandoned Mill In Sorrento, Italy.
11. Abandoned Mansion Near Kilgarvan, Ireland.
12. This Completely Abandoned Radioactive Ghost Town In Pripyat, Ukraine.
13. Abandoned Train Station In Abkhazia, Georgia.
14. Abandoned Mall Full Of Fish In Bangkok.
15. An Abandoned Hotel Room
16. Cooling Tower in Belgium.
17. Kamchatka, An Abandoned Fishing Town In Russia.
18. An Overgrown Palace In Poland.
19. The Jet Star Roller Coaster In Seaside Heights, New Jersey.
20. An Abandoned House In The Woods.
21. An Abandoned Church In St. Etienne, France.
22. Abandoned Church With Lingering Parishioners In The Czech Republic.
23. This Abandoned Doll Factory In Spain.
24. Ships sunk for the creation of the Tangalooma Artificial Reef in Queensland, Australia.
25. Abandoned Movie Theater In Detroit, Michigan.
26. Mare Island Naval Shipyard In Vallejo, California. (flooding has given the floor a mirror effect)
Ed Roppo (rustyjaw on Flickr)
27. A Victorian Treehouse In Florida.
28. The Titanic Wreck.
29. Spreepark, Berlin, Germany.
Jan Van de Ven – Prints Available
30. An Abandoned Library In Russia.
31. This Island Home In Finland.
32. Chris McCandless’ Magic School Bus In Stampede Trail, Alaska.
33. Turquoise Canal In Venice, Italy.
34. A Staircase To Nowhere. Pismo Beach, California.
35. Nara Dreamland, Japan
36. Abandoned Mining Track, Taiwan.
37. This Abandoned Dock.
38. This Abandoned Nuclear Reactor With Bare Footprints In It!
39. An Abandoned Waterpark.
40. A Flooded Boathouse In Germany.
41. An Unused Hotel Hallway.
42. An Abandoned Church In Gary, Indiana.
43. A Crumbling Church In Canada.
44. A Spiral Staircase In An Abandoned English Castle.
45. A Soviet Naval Testing Station In Russia.
46. A Clock Tower In The Middle Of A Frozen Lake. Reschen , Italy.
47. Glenwood Power Station, New York.
48. This Abandoned Theater.
49. Nuclear Bumper Cars At Chernobyl, Ukraine.
50. An Abandoned Sanitarium In Berlin, Germany.
51. An Abandoned Home In Virginia.
52. Proveglia Island, Italy. An Abandoned island that once housed the mentally ill and plague victims.
These locations are absolutely extraordinary. Well, perhaps with the exception of the eerie satanic worship room in Virginia, but the rest are undeniably awe-inspiring. While some might evoke a sense of trepidation, there are others that beckon one to get lost in their timeless charm. Imagine embarking on a lifelong journey to explore abandoned places across the globe as a profession. The sights you would witness and the untold stories you would uncover would be truly unparalleled. It’s the kind of dream job that fuels the imagination and ignites a deep sense of wanderlust.